A few weeks ago my belly had the privilege of being invited to a blogger's event at The Common Room in Sheffield, where I had an opportunity to meet fellow bloggers and fill my stomach until bursting point. The whole event was hosted by the gorgeous Emma who works for a few of my favourite local hangouts which include; The Forum, The Common Room, The Old House, The York,The Broadfield and The Crown and Anchor.
First things first lets talk about the decor, back in July this year The Common Room had a refurb and me o my what a difference it has made! Last time I entered the doors of building was well over a year ago and i'll be honest in saying it was no where I had the urge to return to but with a whole new feel to the building now and a much more welcoming atmosphere, my opinion has very much changed. The whole place feels so open and relaxed, without losing its wonderfully unique American sports bar vibe. The staff were all so wonderfully welcoming and clearly had a passion for the food they were serving, which always makes a massive difference on the atmosphere to a place.
I felt like I was living my fellas fantasy when they started bringing out all the food, god damn everything looked and tasted bloody superb and there was no way anyone was leaving still hungry. They have a HUGE menu, which i'm pretty sure everyone could find something to fall in love with and with so many options if your looking for a bargain or a splurge there is a choice for all pockets. Although there are some seriously delicious options for the vegetarians, I have to say what these guys do best is the meat, with an authentic American-made smoke pitt the meat tasted like heaven, perfectly cooked, ridiculously tender and extremely drool worthy.
Some must tries:
1. The Mac Doggy Dog - not just any ordinary hot dog, this hot dog is topped with mac and cheese, pulled pork and BBQ sauce. It shouldn't work but god damn it does!
2. Sweet Potato Fries - simple and delicious.
3. Burnt Ends - double cooked beef brisket glazed in BBQ sauce...yum.
4. Big Rib Tickler - a selection of beefy, baby back and St. Louis cut ribs with burnt ends, fries, cornbread, BBQ pit beans and green chilli slaw. A massive sharer but a must try which will leave you with some serious meat sweats!
5. Reese's Milkshake - I love peanut butter, so this was a massive drool worthy treat.
I could go on but I fear I would be here for a while, honestly I don't think there is anything on the menu that doesn't look delicious. They also do some killer desserts, my personal favourite being the Jam Jar Cheese Cakes, which don't just taste sublime but also look adorable. So if you haven't tried it yet or haven't been for a while, I would seriously recommend giving The Common Room a chance for your next meal out, trust me, you won't be disappointed.